Service Time: 9:00am and 10:30am
Map & Directions
AND SEXUAL ABUSE
CODEPENDENT WOMEN IN A
RELATIONSHIP WITH A SEXUALLY
LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP
COMMON CHARACTERISTICS AMONG ADULT CHILDRENOF FAMILY DYSFUNCTION / ACFD
FREEDOM FROM ANGER
ADULT CHILDREN OF
FREEDOM FROM ANGER
Small Group Guidelines
CODEPENDENT OF THE CHEMICALLY DEPENDANT
The Twelve Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors. That our lives had become unmanageable.
I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. Romans 7:18
2. We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Philippians 2:13
3. We made a decision to turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God.
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.
5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. James 5:16
6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10
7. We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
9. We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
So, if you think you are standing firm,be careful that you don’t fall! 1 Corinthians 10:12
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.Colossians 3:16
12. Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Galatians 6:1
Life Hurts ... God Heals!
The Eight Principles
1. REALIZE I’M NOT GOD.
I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency
to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor. Matthew 5:3
2. EARNESTLY BELIEVE
that God exists, that I matter to Him,
and that He has the power to help me recover.
Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4
3. CONSCIOUSLY CHOOSE
to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
Happy are the meek. Matthew 5:5
4. OPENLY EXAMINE
and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
Happy are the pure in heart. Matthew 5:8
5. VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT
to every change God wants to make in my life and
humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires. Matthew 5:6
6. EVALUATE ALL MY RELATIONSHIPS.
Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me
and make amends for harm I’ve done to others,
except when to do so would harm them or others.
Happy are the merciful. Happy are the peacemakers. Matthew 5:7,9
7. RESERVE A DAILY TIME WITH GOD
for self examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God
and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
Happy are those who CELEBRATE RECOVERY!
8. YIELD MYSELF TO GOD
to be used to bring this Good News to others,
both by my example and by my words.
Happy are those who are persecuted because they do
what God requires. Matthew 5:10
Connect with Us
Lake Valley Community Church
910 Shady Grove Road
Hot Springs, AR 71901
phone 501.623.8892 | fax 501.623.3158
Lake Valley Community Church © 2012 | All Rights Reserved